If you’re an American reading this I hope you intend to vote tomorrow. But I hope you are also praying. Al Mohler shares this prayer for America on election day which is a helpful guide for our praying.
- We should pray that God will bless America with leaders better than we deserve.
- We should pray that Americans will be motivated to fulfill the responsibilities of citizenship, yet also that we will be stripped of an unhealthy and idolatrous confidence in the power of government to save us.
- We must pray that Americans will vote by conscience, not merely on the basis of celebrity or emotion.
- We must pray that Americans will vote to defend the least among us — and especially those who have no vote.
- We should pray that God will prick the conscience of the nation on issues of morality, righteousness, and respect for marriage as the central institution of human civilization.
- We should pray that God will protect these candidates and their families.
- We should pray that the election is conducted with honor, civility, respect, and justice.
- We must pray that Americans will be prepared to accept the results of the election with respect and kindness.
- We should pray that this election would lead to even greater opportunities to preach the Gospel…
- We must pray for the church, praying that the church of the Lord Jesus Christ would be strengthened in the truth, grounded in the faith, and empowered for witness and ministry.
You should read the whole article here.